Thursday 5th December, 6pm.
Free Ticketed Event but places must be pre-booked
Venue : Ballymaloe Wine Shop. The Food Emporium. Brown Thomas, Cork
“The Wine Geese and Wine Writer Maurice Healy”, with John Wilson, Wine Writer, The Irish Times
We are delighted to be welcoming John Wilson, wine writer, The Irish Times, to Cork, on Thursday 5th December. John will give a presentation and wine tasting based around the famous Corkman and wine writer Maurice Healy.
John will be joined by Dermot Sugrue (Co. Limerick born, and features on P98 of this months Decanter Magazine) now of Wiston Sparkling Wine, Sussex and Simon Tyrrell with his Les Deux Cols Cuvée d’Alize Cotes du Rhone.
The line-up on the night will include
- Sugrue Pierre ‘The Trouble With Dreams’ 2009
- Wiston Estate 2011 Rose
- Two Bordeaux/ Barton wines (including the new Chateau in Moulis that Lillian Barton owns)
- L’Abbeille de Fieuzel Red (Irish owned by Lochlann Quinn)
- An Irish made Cotes du Rhone by SimonTyrrell
- And a Cognac to finish (a Cognac house with Irish roots…)
Booking through Colm McCan of Ballymaloe on 086 0859034 or through Latitude 51 on 021 2390219
There are a limited number of spaces available for this wonderful talk and tasting so pre-booking is essential to guarantee a place.
It is highly likely that there will be a waiting list so please book early to avoid disappointment.